The Department for Media, Culture and Sport have issued new guidance on opening of Marinas, it is as follows:
Marinas may re-open to allow people to visit their boats to carry out maintenance, ensuring appropriate measures are in place to follow social distancing guidelines.
In line with this, we are opening the Marina for all boatowners from Monday 18 May at 10:00 Hrs. We reserve the right to reverse this decision if the situation changes. This will be driven either by a change in Alert State; an outbreak of Covid-19 in the Marina; or boatowners not following the basic guidelines.
This week we are now cleaning the toilet and shower facilities daily (Mon-Fri).
For clarity we will not permit the following at this time:
• Leisure travel on the Thames.
• Free Movement around the Marina – please stick to going to your boat and use the ablutions if necessary.
For those who have been seeking to move your boats to another Marina/Area, this will now be supported.
We urge you to follow the Government Stay Alert Guidelines:
1. Stay at home as much as possible
2. Work from home if you can
3. Limit contact with other people
4. Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
5. Wash your hands regularly
6. Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
Please apply your common sense.